National Institute of Technology Rourkela, an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is conducting a Special Recruitment Drive for filling up vacant faculty positions in reserved categories at the level of Assistant Professor Grade I (Pay Level 12 of 7th CPC) and Assistant Professor Grade II (Pay Levels 10 and 11 of 7th CPC) and invites applications from Indian nationals fulfilling eligibility criteria and possessing excellent academic background, commitment to quality teaching and research, and propensity for institutional development in various specializations of Engineering, Architecture, Science, Humanities, and Management. For more information please check below links.
Educational Qualification and Experience Educational qualifications, experience, and other criteria shall be as per Schedule ‘E’ of NIT Statute, published in the Gazette of India on 24th July 2017, and subsequent clarifications received from Ministry of HRD, Government of India. A copy of the Gazette notification is available click here
(1) All qualifications, experiences, and age limit will be considered as on the closing date of application.
(2) Applications received on or before the closing date only will be considered for scrutiny and selection.
(3) NIT Rourkela has adopted four-tier flexible faculty structure for NITs. Any new guidelines and clarifications issued by MHRD, till final selection, shall be applicable.
( 4) All degrees acquired by the applicant should be from an Institute/University recognized by the UGC/AICTE/AIU.
( 5) No person:-
(i) who had entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(ii) who is having a spouse alive, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
(6) As an Institute of National Importance, NIT Rourkela strives to have a workforce, which reflects an all-India character and hence candidates from all over the country and abroad are encouraged to apply.
(7) NIT Rourkela strives to have a workforce, which also reflects gender balance and hence women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
( 8) Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptional research, industrial, and/or academic career.
(9) Serving regular faculty members of the institute shall be eligible to apply for higher positions in their own departments irrespective of their specialization, if they satisfy other advertised criteria.
(10) In order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview, the scrutiny committee constituted for the purpose may prepare a list of candidates to be called for interview by following a higher standard for shortlisting.
(11) Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience does not entitle a candidate for a call to attend interview. Short listing criteria may be set higher than the minimum advertised.
(12) Since Departments/Subjects/Specializations are many and not comparable with each other, following an uniform standard/norm for shortlisting of a candidate by a department is not feasible. Hence, Departments may fix different short-listing criteria for a post/specialization.
(13) The Institute reserves the right to call finally short-listed candidates for interview after screening by the committee. The Institute also reserves the right to defer or cancel the selection process at any stage without assigning any reason thereof. The decision of the Institute in this regard will be final and binding on all the applicants who responded to this advertisement. No interim correspondence or unsolicited query will be entertained.
(14) Candidates applying from abroad can be permitted to attend the interview on their request through video conferencing depending on merit. It is mandatory to have personal presence in the interview for the applicants who are residing in India.
(15) Candidates shortlisted for interview will have to produce original documents for verification in support of their application regarding reservation category, educational qualification, experience, and other claims.
(16) Apart from the merit, the specialization of a candidate within a department will play a vital role in selection. Candidates with specialization in greater need by the department will be given preference. Candidates with work experience in reputed Universities, Institutions or Industry or with greater relevance to the academic programmes of a department will be given preference. The Institute’s decision on reputation of other Universities/Institutes will be binding.
(17) If a candidate is found suitable to a lower post (or Pay Level) than that applied for based on the recommendation of the selection committee, offer may be given for the lower post. Similarly,
experienced and/or meritorious candidates may be given higher starting pay on recommendation of the selection committee.
(18) Candidates may be posted and/or transferred to another Post/Department at any time during service career, in the interest of the Institute.
(19) Canvassing in any manner or unsolicited query made would entail disqualification of a candidate.
(20) Application Ids of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed in the Institute website. Information regarding application status, interview schedule, etc. will be made available in the recruitment portal only. The Institute will not be responsible in any manner if a candidate fails to visit / access the portal in time. Candidates are advised to regularly visit and login to the Institute’s recruitment portal http://nitrkl.ac.in/recruitment for update status/ information.
(21) The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence/interim inquiries will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview including reasons for not being called for interview.
(22) Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Rourkela.
You May Interested in:-
- Assistant Professor Recruitment for 79 Posts
- OAVS Recruitment 2019
- BFUHS invited Application form Assistant Professor 173 Posts
- Apply for 32 Assistant Professor posts
- Apply for Professor, Associate Professor & Asst Professor – 16 Posts
Official Website:-click here
Download Official Notification:-click here