Himachal Pradesh Eligibility Test Application Form -2018
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) has started the online application process for the State Eligibility Test online applications are invited by HPSC from 21 December 2018 to 10th January 2019.
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission is authorized agency for conduct SET exam to determining the standard of Higher Education and minimum eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor as in Universities and colleges located in Himachal Pradesh.
Candidate admission at all the stages of the state will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility criteria.
HP SET exam will be conducted in 22 subjects and the various exam at the various exam centers located in Shimla Mandi Solan Dharamshala Bilaspur Hamirpur Nahin Kullu Kullu and Chamba.
HPPSC HP SET 2018
Name of organisation:- Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
Category:- Himachal Pradesh eligibility examination
Name of posts:- assistant professor as in university level and college level within the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- Important Link:- Revised Answer Key for H.P. SET Exam held on (06-05-2018)
Eligibility criteria for HP set-2018
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in master’s degree or equivalent exam from universities Institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Sciences and Applications, electronic science etc. are eligible for this exam.
The SC/ST of H.P. other backward classes (non-creamy layer of H.P./ persons with disability (PWD) of H.P. category candidates of H.P. who have secured at least 50% marks in master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible.
Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is not declared yet or candidates whose qualifying Exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
However, such candidates will be appeared provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of assistant professor in the Universities and colleges of Himachal Pradesh, only after they have passed their masters degree exam or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC, non-creamy layer/PWD (persons with disability) category candidates such candidates must complete their PG degree exam within 2 years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing with which they shall be treated as disqualified.
The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level exam has been completed by 19th September 1991 shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks for appearing in HP SET exam.
Candidates are advised to appear in their post-graduation subject only. If the subject of candidates is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/ UGC CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor(s):-
NET/SET shall be remain the minimum eligibility for the appointment of assistant professor (s) in universities/colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of minimum eligibility condition for NET/SET for the appointment of assistant professor (s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
For SET candidates who have cleared the SET accredited by UGC for eligibility for assistant professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET being eligible to appear for assistant professors (s) in all India.
HP SET exam pattern:-
The test will consist of two papers, both have only objective type questions into separate sessions as below:-
- Paper 1st paper consists of 50 objective type compulsory questions and each of them carrying 2 marks, these questions which will be related to research and teaching aptitude, environment, general awareness. These questions designed to test mental and reasoning ability, divergent thinking of a candidate.
- Duration:- 1 hour (10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Paper II consist total 100 objective type MCQs (all are compulsory) each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by candidate.
- All questions in paper II will be compulsory.
- The candidate will have to mark the answers for questions of the both paper on the OMR sheet provided with question papers.
- Duration 2 hours (2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Syllabus for exam:-
- All questions of paper II will be compulsory carrying equal entire syllabus of paper 2nd and 3rd.
- Syllabus for all subject of set are same date of UGC which can be downloaded from HP Public Service Commission website http//www.hppsc.hp.gov.in
If there is discrepancy in English and Hindi versions of any paper then English version shall be considered correct.
- Exam Fees:-
- General Rs. 700
- other backward classes (non-creamy layer) of HP Rs. 350
- SC/ST of HP Rs. 175
- PWD of HP Rs. 175
- BPL of HP Rs. 175
- Mode of Payment:- candidates can pay required exam fee either through e-challan or through E-Payment option.
- Candidates can deposit the required exam fee at any branch of Punjab National Bank through ‘e-challan’ generated through the website of HPPSC
- website http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc/
List of subjects for HP SET:-
1. Chemical Sciences, 2.English 3. Life Sciences, 4.Commerce, 5. Economics, 6. Geography, 7.Hindi, 8. History, 9. Mathematical Science, 10. Music, 11. Physical Sciences, 12. Physical Education, 13. Sociology, 14. Sanskrit, 15. Political Science, 16. Public Administration, 17. Computer Science and Applications 18.Tourism, 19. Mass Communication And Journalism, 20. Philosophy, 21. Psychology, 22 education.
- General instructions:-
- All aspirants of the SET exam should read the conditions of eligibility at item number (02.) carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding eligibility for the exam before apply.
- The Aspirants required to bring an original photo identity card along with their printout of admit card of admit card on the day of examination.
- H.P. SET Exam Dates:-
- Starting Date of Online Application Form:- 21st Dec. 2018
- Last Date for Apply:- 10 January 2019